The Huss Family

24 July 2008

belly update ... one month left

ONE MONTH LEFT! this is how incredibly big i look, but i feel 20x bigger! my abdomen is rock hard and i just don't know where he's going to grow. i went to the midwife yesterday and did that stupid strepB test, so we'll wait to see what the results are for next week's appointment. i'm going to see the midwife every week now that i'm 36 weeks along.

i have braxton-hicks contractions more and more often, but i think this little guy is gonna be either close to due date or later. i could be wrong, but we'll see. the b-h contractions are kinda like PMS cramps, so it's not something scarey but familiar. funny how mother nature gets you ready for something so many years in advance! we'll just have to wait and see how natural birth goes and i'll tell you if it's anything like PMSing or not.

matt met our midwife yesterday at the appointment and really liked her. i'm glad he likes her positive and spunky personality and doesn't mistake it for a hippie-tree-hugging persona.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Looking cute! I am very impressed that you are doing it natural. That is going to be very hard. I am going to try to go as long without the epidural. But who knows how long that will last. I'm not really looking foward to the pain of child birth. But the results will be good!

Unknown said...

WOWZA! You look GREAT! What a belly. I hope i look as cute as you do pregnant! Thanks for the update...

SERAPH said...

I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left! I am SO excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures of little William. :) Will ya'll be headed out here anytime soon after he's born?

Unknown said...

Awww, you don't look huge. YOu glow, like the sun:) We're awaiting the time when we get to see little will and the kids have a cousin:)

Jenny Bay said...

Rachie you look so cute!!! I totally remember that feeling - thinking that there is no way the baby can grow any bigger - but they can!! I am so excited for you!! Hey I wanna send you a gift, can you email me your address? jennybay@gmail.com. Love you!! muahWHACK!